The ABS-CBN Philharmonic Orchestra’s Vision is to be the Orchestra for every Filipino, serving as musical ambassadors of the country and providing performances that meet the highest artistic standards to the widest possible audience base.
We aim to introduce and propagate symphonic music of all types to today’s generation, thus enriching the artistic and cultural life of every Filipino.
- Present a concert season that represents the great classical tradition, as well as modern and popular genres such as film music, Original Filipino Music, and jazz.
- Change the general Filipino public's aversion to classical and orchestral music via our education and outreach programs, which introduce young people to the symphony orchestra and the wide repertoire that is available, as well as how to listen to classical music in a manner that is interesting and exciting for everyone. (Our presence in films and television, and our willingness to perform non-traditional programs makes us accessible to a wide audience, and helps in our mission to debunk the myth that this is only for the erudite few. Much more than being just about music, we feel very strongly that an orchestra embodies traits such as discipline, diligence, and teamwork. These are traits we wish to project to everyone who sees and hears us).
- Promote the orchestra and its activities through a strong presence in mass media, schools and the internet, particularly social networks.
- Invite world-renowned soloists and conductors to perform with the orchestra, and share their knowledge with Filipino musicians by way of masterclasses and workshops.
- Promote the emergence of a new generation of Filipino classical soloists via recruitment and training of musicians to their full potential within the orchestra.
- Stimulate the creation of new works by Filipinos, as well as preserving both popular and rarely-heard Filipino classics.
- Judgement and Drive for Results
- We use best judgement to balance speed, quality and cost to attain best returns.
- Embracing Change
- We continuously explore new ways of doing things. We challenge even our past successes to achieve breakthroughs and to ensure our continuous improvement.
- In a constantly changing competitive environment, we take action based on a careful assessment that opportunities and rewards are worth the risks. We ensure that everything possible is done to mitigate those things.
- We believe in being punctual and prepared for each and every appointment, performance and rehearsal.
Teaching and Learning
- Our work relies on constant teaching and learning. We train our people to become better than ourselves. We define areas for development and take deliberate action to fill our skill gaps.
Honesty and Integrity
- We deliver on our commitments. We speak out and we speak true. Our values are non-negotiable.
- Company Interest and Transparency
- We place the good of the team over our own personal interests
- We take personal accountability for our role, output and decision.
- Confronting Conflict
- We believe in the constructive resolution of any conflict. We also believe in taking accountability for any conflicts caused.
- We believe in camaraderie among musicians and the staff. We work to form good relationships within the orchestra to create a healthy, positive work environment.
- We believe in caring for our people. We believe in granting commensurate rewards at the right time for good performance and business results.