Vision, Mission & Values
We aspire to be the Orchestra for every Filipino, serving as musical ambassadors of the country and providing performances that meet the highest artistic standards to the widest possible audience base.
1. Present concert seasons that represent the great classical tradition, as well as modern and popular genres.
2. Create off-season, affordably-priced or free concerts and cultivate a significant presence on TV, Film and the Internet in order to make orchestral music more accessible towards the goal of enriching the artistic and cultural life of every Filipino.
3. We aim to introduce and propagate symphonic music of all types to today’s generation through education and outreach programs.
4. Stimulate the creation of new works by Filipinos while preserving both popular and rarely-heard Filipino classics.
- We believe in self-sacrifice and perseverance for the achievement of our goals.
- We believe in the value of hard work and what it brings – always going the extra mile in everything that we do.
- Judgment and Drive for Results
- We use best judgment to balance speed, quality and cost to attain best returns.
- Embracing Change
- We continuously explore new ways of doing things. We challenge even our past successes to achieve breakthroughs and to ensure our continuous improvement.
- In a constantly changing competitive environment, we take action based on a careful assessment that opportunities and rewards are worth the risks. We ensure that everything possible is done to mitigate those risks.
- We believe in being punctual and prepared for each and every appointment, performance and rehearsal.
Teaching and Learning
- We define areas for development and take deliberate action to fill our skill gaps. We share what we know while accepting the direction and advice of those who we can learn from.
Honesty and Integrity
- We deliver on our commitments. We speak out and we speak true. Our values are non-negotiable.
- Company Interest and Transparency
- We place the good of the team over our own personal interests
- We take personal accountability for our role, output and decision.
- Confronting Conflict
- We believe in the constructive resolution of any conflict. We also believe in taking accountability for any conflicts caused.
- We believe in camaraderie among musicians and the staff. We work to form good relationships within the orchestra to create a healthy, positive work environment.
- We believe in caring for our people. We believe in granting commensurate rewards at the right time for good performance and business results.